Spring 2024 - December 12, 2023
TeachLSUS is an alternative teacher certification program for those who have earned, 至少, a bachelor's degree in any field outside of education. We are dedicated to preparing knowledgeable, skilled, and professional educators. Candidates who apply and are accepted should be prepared to designate sufficient study time as well as allot time for field experience hours as required. As a teacher candidate with the TeachLSUS Certification-Only Program, one is eligible to work as a full-time salaried school teacher while earning a Louisiana teaching certificate.
Elementary Education 1-5 (33 credit hours)
Secondary Education 6-12 (30 credit hours):
This program qualifies for the undergraduate tuition rate: Click 在这里 to access the most recent tuition schedule.
- Opportunity to work while earning your Louisiana teaching certificate
- Streamlined application process
- Access to expert educators in education
- Opportunity to inspire the future of local students
- Spring and fall evening classes
Department of Education Contact
Before you do anything else, we encourage you to read through the material on this website. Familiarize yourself with the details of the program. If you need additional information, please contact Ms. 杰奎琳 Langford via email at 杰奎琳.firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILTY
- Baccalaureate degree in any field outside of education
- 最小累积G.P.A. of 2.2 at the time the degree was conferred.
- Access the undergraduate transfer application at myLSUS. Choose Alternate Certification as your program objective.
- NOTE: YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS FROM EACH UNIVERSITY YOU HAVE EVER ATTENDED DIRECTLY TO THE LSUS ADMISSIONS OFFICE.
- 附上一份最近的简历. The resume should clearly outline your work history in chronological order, including dates of employment and descriptions of responsibilities and accomplishments. In addition to providing employment information, the resume is the best way for candidates to highlight previous achievements - both academic and professional - along with any community involvement or volunteer experience. The resume should also highlight any teaching experience or student related activities and ideally should be no more one or two pages in length.
- Attach your Philosophy of Education Statement. Your statement should follow the following format:
- Paragraph 1: In your own words, discuss the purpose of education and the role of the teacher.
- Paragraph 2: Discuss your thoughts about how students should acquire knowledge, 知识技能, 价值观和理念.
- Paragraph 3: Discuss how you acquire knowledge, 知识技能, 价值观和理念.
- Paragraph 4: Describe how you would apply your teaching philosophy in a classroom setting.
- Attach a copy of passing score for Praxis II Content. Click 在这里 for detailed testing information.
- Interviews will be scheduled by the TeachLSUS Director. Invitations will be emailed to candidates who submit complete applications on or before the deadline.